Tuesday, February 10, 2009

For a very sad occasion

Hi there,

recently some friends of our lost their little boy to leukaemia. I wanted to make condolence card for them. But since it was for the loss of a child I didn't want it very stark and grim. It did after all need to reflect that it was in memory of a vibrant little boy. I used the Jersey Shore DSP as the colour starting point (the blue/orange combo probably has to be my favourite for boys). Having said that I tried Bashful Blue and Brilliant Blue with highlights of Pumpkin Pie just recently (see Post of 4th Feb 2009) and that came out really well too.

Anyway for this card I borrowed some Brilliant Blue textured card stock ( hi Sam - ta :) to give the plain background an elegant feel, then used a horizontal strip of the DSP (laid over some Pumpkin cardstock) across the card. The helicopter was paper pieced together, using a basic sketch I made using a drawing program (with inspiration from clip art images). It was almost impossible to find a helicopter stamp at short notice. Crystal effects give the rotors and cockpit window some shine. I balanced the helicopter with 5 brads on the LHS. His starlight wish was to have a helicopter ride (which he did get) and the brads symbolize his age.



Recipe:
Stamps: In the Stars
Card stock: Brilliant Blue textured, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Accessories: 2 way glue pen (to temporarily adhere the master image to the cardstock so I could cut out the shapes), Crystal effects, Antique silver diamond brads. Distressing tool from Cutter kit, Word window punch, Dimensionals, atyou Spica clear glitter pen (for the little blue star), Snail adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!