Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Makeesha's Colour Challenge #3

Hi there,

well this was a challenge - chocolate chip, ruby red , blue bayou and very vanilla. The colours seemed very masculine but
Makeesha, who does some awesome work, proved they can be "girly". So I decided to take the tough road and do a girl card with lots of chocolate chip. I must admit I was really pleased with the result especially as its a bit different from the cards I've made before. Here it is:





I decided to make the background chocolate chip but I wanted the brighter colours to really stand out, so I stamped the polka dot petal in Ruby Red on Very Vanilla and then cut the petals out with a large rim of vanilla. The centre of the flower I stamped with blue bayou to tie in the the blue top and bottom. The petals and centre are all up on dimensionals, the centre a double layer. I scalloped the blue bayou at the botton, used the word window punch to cut out a window for the sentiment, added some blue bayou ribbon, then paper pierced all around the edge, a double row down the chocolate chip sides. Oh and added two pewter in the top corners.

Card recipe (all SU):
Card stock: Chocolate chip, ruby red, blue bayou and very vanilla
Ink: Chocolate chip, ruby red and blue bayou
Stamps: Pick a petal, and Short and sweet
Accessories: Dimensionals, Pewter brads, Word window punch ( can't live without this - thanks for letting me borrow it Sam), Blue bayou double stitched ribbon, mat pack and piercing tool, glue dot, scallop edge punch.

Thanks for looking,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,

    I love this card! I have difficulty using the pick-a-petal set, but you have really nailed it with this layout. Well done.

    :-).
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!