Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday

Hi there,

well Kristina's colours initially had me stumped in this week's challenge. But I kept turning them over in my head, and eventually decided to try a mostly white background (all white did not work) and have little mixed and matched swatches of this weeks colours and just use black as an accent. First here are Kristina's colour picks for the week.




I went with a square card to balance the shape of the little square swatches and because of the pinks it had to be a girly card, so I wanted to add some extra girly touches - brads, ribbon, rhinestone, scallops. The final point to note is that the sentiment is black embossed (my first time using black !). Overall I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out, not perhaps my normal "style" so not bad for a first go.

Its a bit hard to see but all the panels are stamped with a little flower from Eastern Blooms, I stamped off once before stamping because I didn't want the flowers to dominate but given how light they are perhaps I shouldn't have. Live and learn. I haven't finished off the inside yet as I am only only to make the deadline by the skin of my teeth as it is.




Recipe:
Stamps:
Eastern Blooms, Birthday Whimsy
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Versamark
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose
Accessories: Berry Bliss DSP, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Black brad, Circle Fire Rhinestone, Kaiser Pink Flower Rhinestone, Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Black Gingham ribbon, SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals, Scallop edge punch, Mat pack and piercing tool.

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!