Monday, March 2, 2009

H.M.A.S Welcome Baby

Hi there,

At first when I saw Kristina’s Werner’s latest colour challenge I wasn’t entirely sure how the colours would all go together but when I got all my card stock scraps out to start this card, I realized they make a great combination. As a colleague at work and his wife had just had a baby boy, and the inspiration photo was baby bibs I decided to stick with the theme and make a baby card. The colours are so bright and cheerful and came together to make, I hope, a fun card, celebrating the arrival of a new little boy. Here are the colours for this week.





Like my last Mojo card (scroll down to my last post) I made the background paper myself using Seeing Spots and Rivetting and the striped ribbon to echo the patterns on the baby bibs. I watercoloured the image with markers, ink pads and aquapainter. To make the ocean I used a small strip of cuttlebug, cut it to match the waves and sponged the top with white craft ink.


To finish the card I might use my Black Glaze pen to write in the babies name on the bow of the boat - but before I do that I want to check the spelling - it wouldn't be a good idea to get it wrong !

Recipe:
Stamps:
Boatloads of Love, Short and Sweet, Seeing Spots, Rivetting
Card Stock: Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, watercolour paper
Ink: Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, White craft, Black stazon
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, Brocade Blue eyelets, Cuttlebug Distressed Branches folder, Large Oval and Word Window punches, Dimensionals, Snail adhesive, Aquapainter

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the paper you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely delightful Baby card! I love how you've combined these two sets! You've used the Seeing Spots set perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I do not like that set, but this is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC -- love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Kim - I love KW's colour challenges but I find so many colours hard to put together - 3 is about my limit! But you've dont it brilliantly - such a fun card and I love the way you've used the Seein Spots set as a b/g. Fab! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!