Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Button Birthday

Hi there,

well as usual late on a Wednesday afternoon with a very clingy Mr1 by my side (any typos are because he keeps trying to grab the keyboard) I am posting my card for Makeesha's latest challenge - in this case it was an inspiration challenge. Here is the inspiration pic.


The whole mugs of soup said Autumn to me. Autumn here in Canberra is full of colour and every where you go at the momment you see the whole spectrum from green, burgandy, red, orange yellow and brown. Its just breath taking sometimes and we are starting to get that lovely chill in the air in the mornings and evenings. So to create Autumn I first stamped some Chocolate Chip card stock with the Weathered background stamp then freehand cut out a tree. (I did use the tree from the US set Branch Out as inspiration). Then I selected a bunch of little buttons in Autumn shades and scattered them across the tree. Thats the nub of it anyway. So here's the card...

The inside was just finished off simplying with a layered strip of Pumpkin card stock and Close to Cocoa DSP.



Recipe:
Stamps: Weathered, Birthday Whimsy
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Accessories: Close to Cocoa DSP, Wide grosgrain Chocolate Chip ribbon, Narrow grospgrain Pumpkin Pie ribbon, Buttons from Earth Elements, Neutrals and Soft Subtle packs, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.

12 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous. Those little buttons are so cute and the background stamp looks great on the pumpkin pie cardstock. Keesh is going to have a tough job this week. I love every card I look at. Well done on a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to leave a comment when I saw this card ... there is definitely a "wow" factor about it. Love what you have done with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, you have a lot of patience sticking on all those buttons. Beats hoarding them, which is what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is wicked!!! Would never have thought of using buttons as leaves like that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this card is great. I love love all the buttons - a clever idea. Nice job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever card. Love all the colors going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! Love how you used the buttons and free-hand cut the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW as soon as I saw it... what a great idea for a card... love the buttons...

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Kim, this card is just AMAZING!!! I am loving those buttons, but the tree truck look so good too! Love it! THanks so much for playing! love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous idea Kim! Just lovin all the buttons - very autumn like, love it! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!