Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Side by Side

Hi there all,

well this is a surprise - I had pretty much decided to not to do a challenge this week, and may'be post one of the cards from my workshop last weekend. It was a combo of just plain tired out from late nights stamping plus just on the night when I was planning on catching up on my sleep Mr Two came down with somethng nasty. Thankfully he is now on the mend and I finally got some sleep last night. With some sleep returned my mojo and urge to stamp. I liked the colour combo for Makeesha Byl's challenge (hosted by Chantelle this week)


and I had a new set that tickles my funny bone, I wanted to ink up - so I decided to cave in while Mr Two was having his nap today (only 40 mins long the little devil) - but it was just enough time. I needed an anniversary card to give to my hubby in a couple of weeks and this is the result.


I started with a Choc Chip base cut A frame but then turned it onto its side. Then cut a white mat for it and picked two DSP patterns (from the long retired Loves Me pack). The Regal Rose pattern was layered onto the LHS and the Teal pattern on RHS. I stamped two lounge chairs one onto each of the two DSP patterns and also a cushion. I trimmed them out and mounted them onto a panel of Whisper White, onto which I had already stamped the two chairs. I added the cushions colours reversed, a little chocolate brad for each. Stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip above the chairs and mounted the whole panel on a Chocolate Chip mat and then dimensionals. The last touch was a strip of knotted wide Choc Chip grosgrain ribbon running underneath the image panel.

I haven't finished the inside yet - Mr Two woke up!! but have it all planned in my head, something simple and not too girly since it is for my hubby. I was very happy with the result not sure if hubby will find it funny or if he will be horrified that it signifies oncoming old age (lounge chairs for an anniversary card ?)- perhaps you can tell me if you think its appropriately "romantic" or not?

Thanks for visiting,

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: On my Couch (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Loves Me DSP (R), brown brads (Bo Bunny), 1 inch circle punch, wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, double sided tape.





7 comments:

  1. I think it's PERFECT. Love the paper piecing and you've used all the colours so well. Great job and thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Kim! Love the half/half theme with the sentiment you've chosen. Those Loves Me DSPs are some of my all-time favs too.....gorgeous colours!

    :-)
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is adorable! And totally appropriate for a male anniversary :) Love those sofa's and their paper piecing!

    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is fantastic! Love the crisp clean colours and images. May you have many happy years alongside each other on the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, your card is just gorgeous. Love how you have put everything together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Great use of the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the most adorable card ever! Love those polka dot sofas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!