Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Convention Swaps

Hi all,

yep back again. Just a little late in getting my post convention post up!!

Wow well what an experience, I have got to say my first impression was of being overwhelmed - so many excited women talking and swapping. I recognised some and got to meet some special people - waving hi to Linda (you won't have realised but you got my first swap ever - and yours was my first swap!!) , Sarah Jane and Kirsty. It blew me away that a few people recognised me!!(Hi Natasha - thanks for saying hi :) Overwhelming as I said but really nice.

Before I go any further I want to say hello to some lovely ladies I got to meet and spend time with at Convention. First my sideline Krysta - it was really fun to share this experience with you.


Then some friends of a dear friend who gladly adopted Krysta and I - waving a big hi to Di, Leanne, Kelly, Cathy and Anamaria. Here's a picture of us with Shelli. Yep I'm in a picture with Shelli - it just spins me out saying that - its so surreal.


Finally I also want to send out a hello to Sharnee and Carli these two were real fun to share a table with for the make and take session - even sleep deprived (- I'm sure you've read the two time fire alarm story on lots of blogs).

Thanks to the above ladies (to me the most important thing about convention is the people - I loved all the creative ideas, general sessions, memento hall, the dinner and awards (the Fijian dance troupe was amazing!!) I had a wonderful first convention experience and am looking forward to going to Melbourne in 2011 to catch up with "old" friends and meet some of the other talented people I only glimpsed this time.

Now, finally, if you have managed to hang on through all of the above here are my swaps.


Little Leaves


Vintage Vogue
Fox and Friends

Manhattan Rose


Sorry about the peg being in the pic's but it was the only way to get the swaps to stand up right as they are only card front ;)

Thanks for visiting,

Kim

Recipes
Little Leaves
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Cardstock: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss (textured)
Accessories: .Little Leaves die, Medium Jewellery Tag Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Soft Suede Polka Dot grosgrain ribbon, Linen Thread

Fox and Friends
Stamps: Fox and Friends, Polka Dot, Short and Sweet
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
Accessories: Corner rounder, Tangerine Tango Striped grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

Vintage Vogue
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage
Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Versamark
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Sahara Sand
Accessories: .Bella Bleu DSP, White Embossing Powder, Black Brad, Eyelet border punch, Sponge dauber, distressing tool (Cutter Kit), Dimensionals, Black Sewing Thread

Manhattan Rose
Stamps: Best Yet
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy
Accessories: .Washington Apple DSP, Manhattan Flower Embossing folder, Punches (Scalloped Oval, Large Oval, Corner rounder, 1/8” circle), Mat pack and piercing tool, Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Just wanted to pop over and say hi and thanks for swapping with me at convention. I was lucky enough to get one of your little monkey card's.
    Take care
    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, it was sooo lovely to meet you too!! We had a super great time with you and Krysta!!! Thanks for the wonderful swap, it's one of my FAV'S!!!

    Hope you're having a super week!
    Smiles SHarnee :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!