Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inkspirations 34 - hoot hoot hello



Hi all,
welcome back :) This week Makeesha Byl posted a colour challenge and as usual I tried to play along. The combo tends towards the boyish, and my first thought was to make a boys birthday card pulling my retired By Land set out. But then as I was falling asleep another idea struck and thats what I went with. Here's the colour combo.

Oh and there is an extra challenge this week to add buttons.



OK so I started off by cutting a scalloped circle card base in Close to Cocoa, then I stamped that with a woodgrain pattern. Next I added a Not Quite Navy mat, then the top Kraft layer. I then impressed a woodgrain pattern onto the Kraft layer. I finished that by rubbing a bit of white craft ink over to just highlight the woodgrain a little. For the images I stamped the branch from Cheep Talk, and one of the party hats from Party Hearty in More Mustard then trimmed them out. Then I stamped the owl (from Fox and Friends) and the sentiment tag in Not Quite Navy, punched the tag, and trimmed the owl out. I used a More Mustard brad to attach the tag to the end of the branch and then added dimensionals to everything and fixed it all to the card front. The last touch - some buttons, threaded with silver cord, to act as twinkling stars! I just finished the inside off simply with another owl.

I think this card must be my all time winner for the number of different stamps sets used - six by my count!! But I think its a happy mix :)

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Fox and Friends, Tiny Tags, Cheep Talk, Party Hearty, A Little Birthday Cheer, Background Basics Woodgrain (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Close to Coca, Not Quite Navy, Kraft, Whisper White, Rustic Ivory
Ink: Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Accessories: Medium Jewelery Tag punch, Scallop Circle die, Earth Element brad, Circle nestabilities, Woodgrain Impression plate (PTI), retired Neutral buttons, retired Silver cord, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape, Tombow

9 comments:

  1. Very clever. I love the texture plate from PTI but I love the card. Just gorgeous.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little owl with the birthday hat!! Cute as ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is FANTASTIC! I love your ideas. The little party hats are super cute. Love the embossing, the tiny tag ... all of it, really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, you always come up with amazing cards - this one is the cutest - love the owl - and the circle style card is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim, how cute is this??? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I love how you played with the color combo and the wood textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is even cuter up close and now proudly displayed in my lounge!! Thanks heaps for the birthday wishes, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!