Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Days



Morning all,

I'll try and make this one a quick one - we have another busy day ahead - I'm really looking forward to some relaxing over Christmas though. I needed a card for my Mum and Dad for their wedding anniversary - it'll be 56 years Thursday - so this year I went a little vintage (ish).




I started by stamping my car on some Newsprint DSP and also onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Trimmed out some of the Newsprint sections and added them to the Vanilla base. Added some colour for the wing mirrors and bumper bar. Then I added a stamped number plate. I also added some half pearls for the headlight - I love the glow you get from them - very appropriate - and it also means I can add my card to the current Passion for PaperTrey challenge (add pearls) hi ladies :). I cut my car out with a circle nestability, off centre, and added a scalloped mat. For the base of the card I started with Riding Hood Red, then a layer of Basic Black, then the top layer was Very Vanilla, which I impressed with the Bookprint impression plate. I added some restrained sponging around the Vanilla layer in Riging Hood Red. To finish off the front I stamped the sentiment, curved to fit around the car element, add some ruffled ribbon, and a vintage brad. This was my first time to crack these open (love them and have been hoarding) but for Mum and Dad - well only the best! The inside I finished off with the same layering added a central sentiment element that seem to tie in with the anniversary them " Live, laugh, love".

Thanks for visiting in this busy Christmas season :)
Kim

Recipe:All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Enjoy the Ride (PaperTrey Inc), Round and Round (PTI)
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Basic black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Bookprint Impression plate (PTI), Classic and scalloped nestabilites (Spellbinders), Scalloped oval punch, Word Window punch, cream half pearls, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon (R), Ribbon Originals (R), Vintage brad, Aquapainter, sponge dauber, Dimensionals, Double sided tape


7 comments:

  1. GREAT card, Kim! I love the newsprint car; it looks fantastic. The antique brad is the perfect finishing touch. Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cool card! The text for the car is great and I'm loving the pearl headlights. Very fun, elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Kim. How special. Love your pearl headlights :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card!! Love it. Pearls for headlights!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the way you curved the sentiment around - such a great card for an anniversary and very different to the usual hearts you get on anniversary cards!
    Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is very cool. I like the paper pieced beetle and the pearls as headlights are perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute & creative!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!