Thursday, January 13, 2011

Just Add Ink 51 - Just Add Monochrome


Hi there,

how did you go with the Just Add Ink colour challenge last week ?? I saw some awesome entries as I was browsing through the entries. Ok we have a new challenge for you this week and its also about colour - Just Add Monochrome. I do tend to migrate to greens and blues so I knew it was going to be one of them but which one. In the end I couldn't get green out of my head so this is what I did with it.


I started by inking up my large leafy stamp in Certainly Celery, then rock and rolling it in Old Olive. Then I carefully trimmed it out. I wanted a feature panel for the leafy branch to spread across, and then DSP behind that. So I set to work sorting out the layout and layers. In the end I settled on a crosshatched pattern from the Celebration DSP. I couldn't resist adding some Celery and Old Olive buttons to embellish the branch, and to the striped Old Olive grosgrain. The inside was just simply stamped with another rock and rolled branch like the front to finish it off.


Ahh I love greens and I do really like this card - yippee :)

Thanks for visiting,

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Vintage Label (R), Turning a New Leaf (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Accessories: Bright and Subtles buttons, Striped Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Celebration DSP, White embroidery thread, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape (X Press)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I am green with envy as I really like this card and you must have had so much patience cutting out those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. I love the patterned paper and ribbon. Great looking leaf with buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love "rock'n'roll"!!! This effect is very..."effective" Kim! I'm a blue/girl girl too (tho I admit pink is trying to take over my life!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee indeed. Great mono card Kim! Love all the buttons and bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Rock & Rolling Kim. I also like the simple (yet effective!) design. nice to see buttons too - I always forget to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock n roll is such a fun technique, I love how you've used it to make this card pop. The buttons are such a cute touch too. Marvelous all round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is lovely, the leaves are terrific, and I love the touch of the buttons. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this card for St Pats day when one doesn't have a St Pats day stamp. ALSO, love, love, love the green. Very nice layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!