Thursday, February 10, 2011

Make it Monday 1 - Thinking of You



Hello there,

well this is turning out to be a bumper week on the blog! Yes I do have something else to show you - Mr almost 3 who was feeling very poorly with a cold (which he has now oh so kindly passed on to Mum) actually had a nap Tuesday - and I set straight to work to have a go at the very first PTI Make it Monday challenge. The first technique/ challenge was to use a sentiment collage on your card.

So I pulled all my PTI sets out of the cupboard and started thinking - and decided to go with a thinking about you card! Once I had Tiny Treats Valentine out and On My Couch I just couldn't go past putting that very cute little doggy on the couch.




OK I started with Chocolate base, then added a layer of Aqua Mist, my sentiment collage was added to the bottom of the Aqua panel all stamped in Chocolate except one key sentiment in red. For an accent I added a little red heart next to it and a couple more brown ones else where in the sentiment collage. For the upper half I used some white cardstock impressed with the Linen and Canvas impression plate. I added a scalloped strip of Happy Spots patterned paper over the join. For the focal point I used a Mat Stack 3 die cut, over that I added a couch die cut from Happy Spots paper. To give the couch some shading I used a copic (BG11). I stamped the little dog and coloured him in with copics (E35, 37,39 R29), cut him out and used dimensionals to sit him on the couch. The final accents were a cluster of buttons, all threaded with bakers twine, and some more bakers twine wound across the die cut. Oh and I added a little glaze to the two red hearts.

My DH is likely to do some travelling later this year - so I'm thinking this might be good card to write and tuck into his suitcase to open while he is away.

Thanks for visiting,

Kim

Recipe:
Stamps:
On My Couch, Tiny Treats Valentine, Through the Trees, Blooming Button Bits (PaperTrey Inc), Curly Cute, So Happy for You (SU!)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Stamper Select White (PTI), Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red (SU!), Tuxedo Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Copic markers, Happy Spots patterned paper (PTI), Mat Stack 3 die (PTI), On My Couch die (PTI), Linen and Canvas Impression plate (PTI), Scallop border punch (SU!), Bakers twine chocolate (PTI), Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy and Spring Rain buttons (PTI), Two step owl punch (SU!), Aqualip/Glaze pen - clear (Sakura), Dimensionals (SU!), Double sided tape (X Press)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!