Friday, March 25, 2011

JAI61 - just add stamps only



Hi there,

this week at Just Add Ink we have an interesting challenge for you - its just add stamps - only stamps!! No DSP, no diecuts, no punches - just stamps, ink and cardstock. It's a kind of tricky yet conversely simple challenge at the same time.

So what did I do - well I broke out some new goodies that are a preview of something up and coming from the new Autumn/Winter mini (available from April)- and I made it nice and bright. Here it is.



I started by making my own DSP by selecting a bunch of colours (inspired by the Sew Suite DSP) and button stamps and stamping away. Then I stamped a sewing machine as the main focal element and stamped a tape measure background (Melon Mambo stamped off) Using clear mount stamps it was pretty easy to stamp this free hand. I free cut some extra buttons (remember no punches this week) to embellish the sewing machine focal point and then got a strip of Melon Mambo, ran it through the crimper, crumpled it up lots and then using some sticky strip created a ruffled "ribbon" border to run below the sewing machine. All that was left then was to add a sentiment. So bright, fun and a little quirky :) A good card to make/ finish while I was/am getting over my flu from last week!

I'll finish up today by letting you know that things are going to be quiet around here for a while, as I'm starting to gear up for making my convention swaps, so you'll probably only see my JAI DT posts once every week or two till mid May. Please hang in there as I will be back with more again after convention is over!

Thanks for visiting and why do you have a go this week at just adding stamps!

Kim

Recipe: All SU!
Stamps: Button Button, Sew Suite
Cardstock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose (SU!), Fresh Snow (PaperTrey Inc)
Accessories: Crimper, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press), Sticky Strip




5 comments:

  1. You have made your own very cute DSP with this stamp set...it would appeal to a few people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Kim. Bright, fun & funky. You did such a good job on your button & tape dsp's, I didn't realise they weren't dsp at first.
    Go you for getting started on your swaps too. I have absolutely no idea where to start yet.
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great button DSP Kim, very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kim. Your home made DSP is beautiful. I thought it was real DSP! I'm not up to this challenge. Can't even imagine a card without using my dies or felt or buttons or ribbon just now...how sad is that?!

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a bright fun card Kim, and I love how you got so many elements just by using stamps and cardstock! The button background looks great and I really like that cardstock 'ribbon' ... a good tip to remember when I don't have matching ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!