Friday, April 29, 2011

JAI 66 - just add a flower


Well hello there,
I've been busy working on convention swaps, future JAI challenges and just enjoying some time at home over Easter! I hope everyone had a good Easter and enjoyed some chocolate - my two little ones are old enough now to really get the "we are allowed to eat lots of chocolate at Easter" for the first time and needless to say enjoying it! I did enjoy seeing their delight in the couple of Easter egg hunts they had - I think that's one of the joys of parenting - to experience the world through their joy and excitement.

Anyway on to this weeks Just Add Ink challenge - this week the challenge is to just add a flower (for Mother's day, May 8 here in Aus). In my case my Mum's birthday is actually about a week earlier so my flower was made for her birthday card. Here it is.



I must admit to being rather smitten with the Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla and Basic Black combo - its just so elegant and stylish! So I couldn't resist buying and using some of the Love Letter DSP. First I cut my flower layers using a BigZ L die from DSP. I sponged the edges of the petals and crumpled them up. Then layered them up with dimensionals, then misted with silver glimmer mist. A gorgeous antique brad finishes it off. I used more DSP for the bottom card front panel. At the top I embossed some Very Vanilla with the Finial Press embossing folder. More DSP was used for some leaves for the flowers I also added some black swirls. Finishing touches include a scallop trim dividing border and I dug out some pewter hodgepodge as a frame for the sentiment. Oh and I sponged around the edges of the front with some distressing ink - although its hard to see it in the photo. The inside was finished off simply to match. I'm pretty sure Mum will like it!



Thanks for visiting and why don't you add a flower this week!



Kim



Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories:Love Letters DSP, Finial Press embossing folder, Antique brad, Fun Flowers BigZ L die, Two step bird punch, Pewter hodgepodge (R), Swirls and Scribbles sizzlet, Scallop Trim border punch, Silver Glimmer Mist, Chai ink (PaperTrey Inc),Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals


8 comments:

  1. So many stunning elements to this card. Look forward to seeing you again in Melbourne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim. Love the colours and design...very elegant.

    :O)
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colour combination and gorgeous flower Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this colour combo, and once again you've produced a stunning card Kim. Bet your mum loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kim, your flower is stunning, not long till Convention, looking forward to meeting you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting met at ThinkInkCreative.

    This card is gorgeous. I love the texture of your flower and those spotty leaves are divine (gotta try that!).

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kim! Hope you had a good trip home & are having a happy week. It was so lovely to see you in Melbourne & thanks so much for your kindness - you're such a sweetie.
    I must have missed this gorgeous & stylish creation when I was away. Glad I saw it now though! The flowers look just like fabric & all the elements work beautifully together. Love love love it!
    Lots of hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kim just found your blog love this card and the flower is gorjuss now following
    Jaclo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!