Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Inkspiration 81 - a baby girl owl birthday



Oh my - its been a lonnnng time since I've had time to play along with an Inkspiration challenge - and I do miss that! But I've had this week's sketch on my mind and I had a birthday card to make for my gorgeous little niece who turns one soon. Now I have been trying to make this card off and on for a week but it just wasn't working!! But this afternoon inspiration struck - you see I am actually making her a felt owl teddy in gray and pink for her birthday and it occured to me why don't I make a card to match. Rather amazingly this card I think only took me one hour to put together (with an interval for a school pick up in between). So first up here's the sketch.
And here is what I made of it.


I have a decided fondness for scalloped circle easel cards and I thought it added that something extra to make this significant birthday special. So very briefly I started with a Basic Gray base, then added a Pretty in Pink mat, then a Pink Pirouette top mat. This was stamped with the Woodgrain in Pretty in Pink. I punched out my owl and stuck her together, added some sparkle to her bow and crystal effects to the little heart. She is perched on some greenery and a strip of Bashful Blue grosgrain. The final touches are a little blue cloud and some tiny blinged flowers. The sentiment inside acts as the stopper for the easel card. It will be a perfect match to her owl (well once I finish making her owl that is) and that makes me happy :)

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps:  Woodgrain, Well Scripted (R)
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Two step owl punch, Two step bird punch, Wide Oval punch, Lots of Tags sizzlet, Cloud die (PaperTrey Inc), Sweet Always DSP (R), Stitched Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon (R), Itty Bitty punch shapes pack, Jewels - rhinestone, Spica glitter pen, Crystal effects, Double sided tape, Tombow multi, SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals.

1 comment:

  1. This is totally adorable, Kim! I love the Woodgrain stamped on pink, and all the sweet little details are to-die-for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!