Friday, August 19, 2011

JAI 81 - just add a colour combo


Apologies but about to fall off the couch here - sooo tired. I'm hoping to crawl into bed soon and fall asleep listening to the rain - that is always so soothing :)  However hopefully the great challenge we have in store for you this week at Just Add Ink will keep you (and me) awake. This week its a colour challenge.

Ok I have to confess  - in the year since we've had the 2010-2012 in colours I have never ever!! used Peach Parfait - so this challenge was definitely a challenge. But once I pulled out a bit of cardstock in each of the colours I realised what a sweet colour combo this was - actually quite feminine and soft - so that where my card came from. Here it is.



Got to use some fun dies for this one and an SU! stamp set that I don't think you can mess up with. That's got to be a winner. I kind of wanted a vintagey soft result so I used lots of little text in the background (Peach Parfait), over stamped with flowers (stamped off Cajun Craze) and sponged lots of edges. Then dressed up with a large focal piece - stamped (inked up image with markers) and trimmed out flowers, with a punch of Bashful Blue to brighten it all up, finished off with stitching, tiny highlights of glitter and some decorative bling. I did kind of cut loose with the sewing machine for this one but I love how it turned out - even the wonky bits - cause that's kind of what its about ;) I hope the rest is self explanatory but if you have any questions just ask.

Thanks for visiting and do check out what the rest of the DT have come up with this week. Ok off to bed now - I think I can still hear that rain....

Kim
Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Watercolor Trio (SU!), Background Basics: Text Style (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Peach Parfait
Ink: Bashful Blue, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait
Accessories: Edgers 3 die and Mat Stack 5 die (PaperTrey Inc), Washington Apple DSP (R), Filigree brads, Very Vanilla satin ribbon, Ice circle rhinestone brads, sewing machine, sponge dauber, Two way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, Double sided tape.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I've ever used Peach Parfait either so it was good to ink it up. This card has so many yummy elements to it - just love how you have combined them all to make this soft and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love it to bits. I am super-impressed with your fussy-cutting, and love the little touches of glitter. Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your card Kim. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful Kim. I especially love the way you've cut the flowers out and your stitching is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Kim, so much attention to detail as always! Hope you feel well rested soon! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This got a wow! from me Kim, l love the soft vintage with these colours, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely soft feminine card Kim, and I love all the stitching - not looking too wonky to me! You look like you had lots of fun with this colour combo. Your card has turned out fabulously with lots of details. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!