Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Merry Monday 46

Hello there,
well I'm back with that guest designer gig ;) I mentioned the other day. I was delighted to be the top pick for Merry Monday #44 and as a result I get to bring you my take on Merry Monday #46. The Merry Monday challenge this week is to make a Christmas card using birds.
The first thing that sprung to my mind was birds = music so I knew I had to introduce some music in there and as I still had some music note DSP in my stash I pulled that out and then softened it by overlaying it with vellum cardstock.


Of course I had to have something for my birds to perch on - and what better for Christmas than a wreath. I embossed mine with Wild Wasabi embossing powder, then hung it up adding a layered bow. I added some border detail and then finished the whole thing off with a sentiment and some little pearls. I'm three Christmas cards up on my stash for this year now :) Don't forget to drop past Merry Monday and check out all the fabulous inspiration from the design team. Have fun with the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Aviary, Welcome Christmas, Love Lives Here: Holiday (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Vellum
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Versamark, Basic Black
Accessories: DSP (R), Scalloped dotted ribbon border punch, Rose Red seam binding, wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain, Victoria crochet trim, Wild Wasabi embossing powder, Vintage brad, Jewels - pearls, Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals








9 comments:

  1. Super sweet, love how you put vellum over the sheet music BG and the cute birds are adorable on the wreath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Kim. I love the little birds on the wreath and how you have used the vellum overlay. What a beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being the guest designer this week! I love the idea of music with the birds and the pretty wreath for them to perch on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love birds AND wreaths, so this is just perfect! Love the musical background too! So glad you're with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your GDing gig Kim! You've created yet again another gorgeous Christmas card. Wonderful idea to have the music notes behind your vellum (would never've thought of this myself!). LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Kim!! Love the wreath and the birds! Perfect sentiment and ribbon treatment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim,
    What an elegant card you have created with the softening vellum and the music notes. I love it and want to thank you so much for being on our team for the week!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Kim, your wreath is wonderful and I love the cute little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish my mind worked like yours Kim. Great combination & lovely details as usual - ove how you've used the birds with the wreath...& on thel inside. I need to get onto those Christmas cards too... Have pinned the challenge.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!