Sunday, June 2, 2013

Merry Monday 64 - Blue Christmas Tree DSP


Hello there,
well once again I'm just scraping in with this weeks Merry Monday challenge! Another great sketch.

 And with no more ado - here is what I came up with.



I played around with ink and DSP - always a lot of fun :) The brayered background was inspired by meeting up a lovely friend Paula Dobson at SU!s South Pacific Convention last week. She did a awesome presentation on the bouncing brayer technique. I didn't try and bounce it here but I love how you can get a transition of colour by brayering! I also pulled out all my small Christmas tree dies and blue DSP patterns and mixed and matched till I got the effect I wanted. To finish it off I added sparkle  - of course - sparkly snowflakes and trees are a must ;)

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Winter Snow Globe, Background Basics: Herringbone (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Vellum
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories: Winter Snow Globe die, Love Lives Here: Holiday die, Double ended banner die (PTI), Scentsational Season die, Bella Bleu DSP (R), Beau Chateau DSP (R), Christmas Cocoa DSP (R), 1 1/4" circle punch, Silver brads, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, brayer, Stickles, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kim! Love how you were inspired by Paula to bring out your brayer, you've done a wonderful job with creating your background! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a beautiful scene, Kim! I've never done anything with a brayer. I need to take the time and give it a try. I love the look! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the blues and your interpretation of the sketch - thanks for sharing for Merry Monday 64 - Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!