Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Merry Monday July - Blue banners

Hello there,
well finally I've managed to squeeze a Christmas card out of July to add to Merry Mondays July challenge. I actually made this one nearly two weeks ago but between school holidays, being away because of school holidays, and then dealing with sick kids - again! that was as far as I got. It's a simple one but hope it has a touch of elegance too. The design was influenced by this Merry Monday sketch.

I pulled out a retired SU blue for this one - Blue Brocade and then ransacked my DSP collection for some patterns to match. A bit of satin ribbon and subtle embossing on the front panel once I'd stamped the sentiment finished it off.

If a miracle happens I might just pull one more Christmas card for July off - but don't hold your breath!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: More Merry Messages, Vintage Labels (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Blue Brocade, Very Vanilla
Ink: Blue Brocade(R)
Accessories: Linen/Canvas impression plate (PTI), Fishtail Flag and Fishtail Layers Stax (My Favorite things), Bella Bleu DSP (R), Very Vanilla satin ribbon (R), Jewels - pearls, Double sided tape (X Press), SNAIL adhesive

2 comments:

  1. I agree Kim - I love the elegance to your card! I still have that DSP - love that you've used it for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Brocade Blue should have never been retired IMO!! So pretty---thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!