Friday, November 29, 2013

JAI 193 Just add inspiration


Hello there,
I'm starting to feel caught up in the Christmas rush this week (although I'm not panicking - yet) but as we have our first end of school year event on, AND it's less than four weeks to Christmas (EEEKKK - ok may'be panicking a little) it is very appropriate that the new challenge at Just Add Ink  this week is one perfectly suited to all those Christmas projects we are working on. This week it's an inspiration challenge. Here's the pic. 

And here is what I came up with.



I was so delighted when SU! said they were going to sell this stamp in our market! I just love that it can be 2D and 3D and 3D is the way I went for these Christmas ornaments. I had a lot of fun mixing and matching colours and patterns for this and then adding the bling :) What you can't really tell from the photos is that the ornaments are double sided. TIP: To make them extra sturdy I have an acetate layer sandwiched between the two layers of DSP and I also triple layered dimensionals under the centre of the star to keep it supported.

Hope you can join us this week at Just Add Ink and do check out the rest of the DT for  fabulous and festive star inspired ideas!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Christmas Star
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Versamark
Accessories: Season of Style DSP, Silver glimmer paper, White embossing powder, Acetate, Frosted Finishes embellishments, Classic circle nestabilities (Spellbinder), Silver cord (R), Tombow multi, Dimensionals, Hot glue gun

4 comments:

  1. These are SO cool, Kim. LOVE all the colours you have used. Aren't those frosted finishes embellishments just amazing? I love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim these ornaments are just beautiful. I love how you have made the star 3D and also the silver circle edge sets them of perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, I love them, I love them (that's one I love them for each one!) - that star works perfectly for 3D projects! Now I just need to crack it open and use it myself before Xmas is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool indeed - you smart cookie - thanks Andrea & the dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!