Friday, February 21, 2014

JAI 203 Just add a sketch

Hello there,
well after melting in the extreme heat we've had consistently this summer thankfully the temperature has come down and we've even had some rain. You know wet stuff that falls from the the sky - its been so long! Anyway all that heat might have influenced my decision to go with cool colours for my card for this week's Just Add Ink challenge.  This week -  its a sketch from Paula.


I found for me it worked better if I rotated it 90 degrees.


I used DSP on the right hand side and then echoed that with a stamped panel on the left. You might have noticed I do like using the Honeycomb embossing folder to stamp with - since it does come up rather often ;) I stamped, coloured and paper pieced my little girl, changing out her colours for the inside. On the front she was cut out and then mounted on dimensionals. I vintaged it all up with a sponging of Crumb Cake ink around the edges and some faux stitching. I always enjoy a little bit of colouring - so relaxing, especially if you can find a cool place - like right under the air con - lol - to just sit and play :)

Thanks for visiting and do check out the rest of the DT for lots of great takes on this sketch.
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Dictionary, Make a Wish (My Favorite Things)
Cardstock: Pool Party, Winter Wisteria, Whisper White
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Winter Wisteria
Accessories: Afternoon Picnic DSP, Honeycomb embossing folder, Copic Markers, White embossing powder, 7/8" scallop circle punch, Piercing tool and mat, Gold glitter, Very Vintage Designer buttons, Sycamore Street Pool party ribbon (R), Two way glue pen, Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim you're little girl is so cute and you've done a fab job cutting her out! The heat is a great excuse to retreat to the crafting room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie Kim! What a lovely soft colour combo you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - love the stitching - it looks so real!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!