Friday, May 9, 2014

JAI 214 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
brrrrr it was cold here this week! And of course the kids cross country run was scheduled this week so as a devoted Mum I was out there watching them. A very BIG and HOT cup of tea was well deserved after that!! I might note that as an occasional scrapper I was also taking photos - hmm they might be good candidates for a SU! Project Life page - once the new catalogue arrives on our shores in July - I am not counting down the days at all - really I'm not - (wink)!

OK it's also Friday (yippee) and that means a new Just Add Ink challenge and this week we want you to Just Add a Sketch (one designed by me!). 






This was made for a very sweet friend I know who loves tealy blues. Actually the design for the sketch came about by playing with the flowers and just liking how striking yet simple the three lines of flowers looked. In the end I decided not to add any rhinestones or pearls as I thought the gold embossing and flowers themselves were enough embellishment.

This sketch has a lot of possibilities so do join us and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for lots of inspirational ideas.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Petite Petals, Fabulous Florets, Gorgeous Grunge, Million and One
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay,  Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Gold Encore, Versamark
Accessories: Petite Petals punch, Corner rounder punch (R), Simpy Scored, Gold and White embossing powder, White Gel pen, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. The more I look at this card Kim - the more I like it - the scrolly embossed writting, the ink splatters, the cute stamp set and great colours. Thank you for inspiring us with your sketch this week. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, Your card inspired me to use Bermuda Bay in mine. I really loved effect with the embossing and white gel pen too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the gold embossed sentiment against the bright splatters....and of course the flowers are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!