Friday, August 8, 2014

JAI 226 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
well this week was delightfully peaceful which was a nice change from the previous one that was filled with the kids taking turns with allergic reactions and tummy bugs - urg! The sun has come out too which almost makes me feel like its spring except for the fact that we've woken to super frosty mornings. The challenge this week at Just Add Ink to Just Add a Sketch was just perfect for a flowery springy card (one can hope). Here's the sketch.


And here is what I made of it.

The inside (ick I just couldn't get the colour balance right on this one!)

My original colour choice was a blue/crumb cake palette (just perfect for the friend it was intended for) and then found I needed to add the red to make it all pop. I had fun putting it together, playing around with the flowers till I was happy with the arrangement and adding lots of texture with ribbon, twine, buttons, rhinestones and candy dots.

Hopefully you'll find the sketch as user friendly as I did. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for some great inspiration!
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Flower Shop, Petite Petals, Gorgeous Grunge, Four You
Cardstock: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories: Pansy punch, Petite Petals punch, Hexagon punch, Season of Style DSP stack (R), Coastal Cabana ruffle stretch trim (R), Tea Lace Paper Dollies, White embossing powder, White Baker's twine, Brights Candy Dots, Brights button (R), Jewels - rhinestone, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

6 comments:

  1. Oooo Kim those colours are sooooo stunning together! YOu make cards SHINE lovely lady!!! I think the inside is fabbo and the red most certainly gave it pop!! Truly another work of art from your clever hands!
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you achieved brilliant balance to the whole card, inside and out Kim. It does make you think of spring with the posey of flowers on the outside. A lovely idea to pop a couple on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect balance, love the little pop of red - such a great colour combo. I just love the white embossed petites. This is a really sweet card and I like the inside even if you don't lol. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is absolutely beautiful. If I'd made this card, I'd be over the moon with it!! LOVE the addition of red; the colour scheme is just scrumptious. Beautiful work. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this colour combo Kim - I agree the red does make it pop and the ruffled ribbon is perfect too. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful elements and detail Kim, it's really lovely! Your little pops of red are a real WOW! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!