Friday, August 14, 2015

JAI #275 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
well my winter weekends always feel jam packed so it's a challenge to fit in some stamping time but where there is a will there is a way. Well sometimes. I did manage to make a card for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week it's a sketch (from me). Being a sketch you can use it for what ever purpose you need a card for right now - birthday, thanks, wedding. Here it is.

And this is what I came up with.



No inside today cause I forgot to finish it - :O
One of my favourite techniques is heat embossing and that is what this card is all about. I wanted to really play with it. So I pulled out my dotty stamp inked it up with versamark and stamped it on Smokey Slate. I choose a non-white base as it would really show off the colour. Then very carefully sprinkled my first embossing powder on about a quarter of the ink. Tapped it off then added the second to cover another quarter. Tapped it off and repeated that for the last two embossing powders. I was a bit worried that the versamark would dry off and the powder wouldn't stick before I got all four powders on. But it worked fine! The resulting colourful confetti pattern just said birthday to me so I finished it off with a shiny silver balloon.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT you'll be inspired for sure!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim.

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Celebrate Today, Dotty Angles
Cardstock: Smokey Slate, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Embossing powders (Blushing Bride, Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Silver), Balloon Framelits dies, Bitty Banners framelits, Silver Glimmer paper, Calypso Coral seam binding, Pool Party 1/4" cotton ribbon, Blushing Bride and Crushed Curry baker's twine, Jewels - rhinestones, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I love that you were honest about not finishing the inside. Lots of gorgeous colourful dots on this one - they really do stand out beautifully. Love the touch of glimmer on your balloon bows. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Kim! I love how you chose the Smoky base as the colourful dots look so fabulous and I love the rustic touch of your twine details too! Thank you for such a wonderful sketch this week too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great effect with the embossing Kim, l'm always scared l'll end up with in the wrong spots..lol
    Love that you've gone with coloured card stock...great effect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your card. You can't get much better than heat embossing. I'm glad it's not just me that sometimes doesn't get around to making a centre straight away. Thanks for the sketch Kim, I really enjoyed playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!