Friday, September 25, 2015

JAI #281 Just add your three favourite colours


Hello there,
another week has flown by and having survived a busy weekend I did, only just, manage to finish off this card in time for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Di has challenged us to Just Add your three favourite colours. Besides your pick of three colours you can also add in neutrals. It's a fun challenge but one I think you need to give some thought to before you plunge in.

I'm a blue/green girl at heart so I had a think and I came up with the combo of Pool Party, Island Indigo and Crumb Cake. Here's what I made with them.




I have a lot of male family birthdays this time of year and for this one I wanted to capture a fresh clean and simple scene. I started by brayering Crumb Cake in from the bottom and Pool Party from the top. Then I added a little stamped detail over the top of the Crumb Cake. To frame the scene I layered over a diecut. Got to admit I love how this broke the scene into a series of windows. To finish it off I added a sentiment banner, using my third colour  - Island Indigo - and a little Indigo bird (and a scatter of clear sequins). As this is a boy card I tried to keep the bling really restrained but I had to add something!

Hope you can join us for this fun challenge. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT to see what they made with their three favourite colours.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Feather Finery (PaperTrey Ink), Keep it Simple: Birthday (PTI)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo
Accessories: Cover Plate: Comic Strip die (PTI), Double ended banner die (PTI), Rich Regals designer series stack, Dimensionals, Moonshine sequins (Simon Says Stamp), Fine tip glue pen, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour combo, Kim - and just perfect for your beachy scene. I am in love with the subtle colour application you achieved with your brayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous guy card Kim! I too love the look of your brayered scene - so serene! And the die window overlay gives a stunning effect! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brayering technique - it's so calming. I like both the inside and outside of your card Kim. Cute little birdie. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!