Friday, September 9, 2016

JAI #328 Just add P


Hello there,
rather amazingly I escaped a cold that laid the rest of the family low and on top of that luck managed to bask in some spring sunlight - only briefly - but it was so pleasant to feel that gentle warmth. For those out there not so lucky I have something to show you that will brighten up your day - especially if you like pink. Why pink? Well because this week the Just Add Ink challenge from Tina is to Just Add something beginning with P. P?? you say - well what we want you to do is make the major element of your project something that starts with P. This can be a colour - pink, it could be a pop-up card, or an object like pots, plants or pandas. The possibilities are only limited by the things you can think of that start with P! I went pink because I was making a birthday card for my soon to be 6 year old niece. For most 6 year old girls you can't go wrong with something pink and sparkly! Here it is.


And the inside.

I knew I wanted to use the new SU! Sweet Cupcake set so I pulled out a selection of pinks and tried them out. In the end I settled on Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride for the cupcake on the front and Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo for the inside. I also used the first colour combination to added an ombre progression of colour to the front (after I had embossed my large dots with sparkly embossing powder). For the cupcake wrapper I used Smokey Slate and Basic Gray (stamped off and full strength). To finish off the cupcake I wanted to add some sparkle and loads of shiny 3D texture that meant Wink of Stella and dollops of crystal effects.

I was assured that this was a hit with my niece so I was a happy Auntie!

Do go check out the rest of the design team for lots of fun 'P' ideas.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless noted
Stamps:  Sweet Cupcake
Cardstock: Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette, Smokey Slate, Basic Gray, Versamark
Accessories: Cupcake Cutouts Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Botanical Builders Framelits, Gift Card Envelope and Trims Framelits, Neutrals DSP stack, Dots and Stripes Decorative Mask (R), Iridescent Ice embossing powder (R),  Jewels - rhinestones, Crystal Effects (R), Wink of Stella, Flirty Flamingo 3/8" Ruched ribbon, Silver metallic thread, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty mix of pink and coral sparkles Kim and I love how the inside is just as special as the outside! Your cupcakes look so delicious and I'm sure your niece will love this too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love your chosen colour combo,, those gorgeous big spots and that luscious cupcake. I think your niece will too. A gorgeously executed card, Kim. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!