Friday, August 4, 2017

JAI #371 Just Choose Two


Hello there,
I felt the need to create something pink and sparkly this week. The depths of winter was part of the reason but it was also because I needed to make a birthday card for my soon to be seven year old niece. The new challenge at Just Add Ink this week was just perfectly suited as this week Di has asked us to Just Choose Two and the choices...



See what I mean! Perfect. Here's the pink and sparkly creation. The cat is my 'pet' element and as you'll see, rather usually for me, I used 'patterned paper' for my background.


The kitties head wobbles! 


The inside.

Big kids and little kids all like an interactive element so as soon as I decided to use the cat for my nieces card I knew I had to add something that would capture her attention and what could be better than a wobble head! It was super easy to put together having little double sided tape attachments for the base and top. Aside from pink, sparkle is right up there as an essential ingredient for seven year old, so I die cut some glimmer foliage to frame the cat and then finished the card off with a fun birthday sentiment.

The JAI design team have a lots of gorgeous projects to show you so make sure you stop by their blogs, then join us for the challenge! Thanks for visiting!

Kim 

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Foxy Friends, Labeler Alphabet
Cardstock: Powder Pink, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Smoky Slate, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Rose Garden thinlets, Fox Builder punch, Mini action wobbler (Hampton Art), Wood Textures DSP, Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, Silver and Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, Wink of Stella, Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven ribbon, Sewing machine, Dimensionals, Rhinestone Basic Jewels

11 comments:

  1. WOW Kim, this card is amazing. There is just so much detail and the wobbly head is fantastic. The little cat looks like your new little kittens!! Chlo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, and pink & sparkly, is your creation Kim? I love the inside and out and the head wobble of the pussy cat. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece is going to love this. Pink & sparkles for sure. And a wobbly cat head....purrrrfect! Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever to include an interactive element to your card Kim - and I'm loving the sweet colour combo you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute Kim! Such an adorable little cat and her wobbly head is the purrfect focal point amongst all the pink and sparkles. I'm sure your niece will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, so very sweet! I'll bet your niece loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! That wobbly head is just the cutest idea and as usual, everything about this card is perfect! I'm betting its a big hit with miss 7. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This big kid LOVES interactive cards! I adore all the stitching you apply to your cards Kim, such a lovely added detail especially on the inside. The wobbly head is a fantastic idea for this bundle. Must try one of these fun cards. I love everything about your nieces card Kim - Kitty Cats, Pink, Sparkly and the sentiment is just Puurfect x

    ReplyDelete
  9. From one cat lover to another - that is just the most purrfect card. I love the wobble head. Just too cute Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pink and sparkly creation, so cute! I'm sure your niece loved it. Great idea to make the head wobbly too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling inside and out! I love the wobbly head feature~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!