Friday, February 9, 2018

Just Add Ink #395 Inspiration


Hello there,
the first cluster of birthdays for the year is happening in my house right now. This year I collaborated with my DD on her card. She wanted an inspirational quote, a watercolour wash in the background (in a faint shade of pinkish purple) and some yellow flowers. So first we sat down and looked up quotes, then I swatched out some shades of ink and she picked her favourite and I put it all together in a card! With the work and back to school juggle on I am really short of time right now, but fortuitously, I think what DD wanted is also a good fit for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Kelly is asking us to Just Add Inspiration. You can use the colours, patterns, objects anything in the picture to inspire your project. Here's the picture.


Here's how it turned out.



DD picked a Disney quote from Thumper for her card. It's an interesting choice but I am hoping she will use it to inspire herself to face her insecurities, a challenge for anyone! My first challenge was how to get the whole quote to fit on the card front. In the end I settled on a mix of two alphabets, one to highlight a couple of words and the other small enough I could fit it all in. Honestly it was laborious to stamp the words and emboss them and hoping for a better outcome I drew pencil lines all over the front to try and keep my stamping all straight and lined up - it mostly worked. But it was DD's birthday card so of course I did it! Wink of Stella on the flowers, some sparkly sequins and stitched detail finished it all off. DD approved the end result - hooray!

Do check out the rest of the projects from the Just Add Ink DT they are fabulous! Then come back and join us.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:

To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Product List
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00


Non SU! supplies: Sophisticated Script Lowercase (Concord and 9th), Wilted Violet Distress Ink (Ranger) 

SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful to be able to create your DD’s dream card Kim! And what a fabulous card it is too!! The quote is awesome and I love how you’ve highlighted key words and your background and flower colouring is as beautiful as always.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Kim. Fabulous colours and design all topped off with that fab quote! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!