Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Bronto sized birthday



Hi there,

I bought a present for my nephew’s first birthday months ago, wrapped it up in some really cute dinosaur patterned wrapping paper but then almost forgot to make his card now that his birthday was only days away!





So using the wrapping paper as inspiration I started out with a Wild Wasabi base (yes its retired but I still have plenty), layered that with Pumpkin Pie and then ran some Whisper White through the Cuttlebug using Tiny Mozaic Texture folder. It has, if you use your imagination, a bit of a reptilian texture. Well if you remember I said the wrapping paper had a dinosaur pattern and I had the perfect stamp to go with it. I stamped my brontosaurus (ahh that what they called them when I was a kid – but admittedly that was quite a while ago) in Pumpkin Pie, rolling the edges in Tangerine Tango. I used my circle nestabilities to cut him out and then to cut a Wasabi mat. I had a vague memory of a recent Mojo Monday sketch being three (circle ?) elements across the card and decided to try and do something like that. So my big bronto went in the middle, I punched out a Pumpkin circle and then a small Wasabi one and added them to the upper left. To the left side of that I stapled a small tab of Wasabi ribbon. The bronto has his head turned and I thought kind of looks like he might be saying happy birthday so I made a sort of speech bubble for him. Finally I added two palm trees on the bottom right. The last thing I did and then mostly undid was added some orange glitter to the bronto. It just looked too stark in this big stripe around the edges - so I kept scratching with my finernail till I had most of it off (orange glitter everwhere -of course). In the end, I hope, it just gave him a bit of a glittery mottled look around his edges. The inside was finished off simply with some more palm trees.


Thanks for visiting,


Kim


Recipe: All SU unless otherwise noted
Stamps: A Little Birthday Cheer, Whimsical Numbers (R), Prehistoric pals
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cuttlebug folder Tiny Mosaic Texture, Circle nestabilities, 1 1/4 and 1 inch circle punch, 1/2 inch circle punch, Striped Wild Wasabi ribbon, Orange superfine glitter, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!