Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wishes on a Wing


Hi there,

I know, I know that strictly speaking helicopters don’t have wings but it just wouldn’t have sounded the same as wishes on a propeller!

Onto the card, this is for some old friends of ours in the UK, as you can guess from the colours and presence of the helicopter there are some small boys involved too. The helicopter stamp actually comes to me courtesy of another small boy – my little almost two. I had just bought a little stamp kit from a toy shop for both my munchkins with the intention of perhaps bestowing them on their soon to be birthdays. The ulterior motive is so they have their own stamps and don't want to use Mummy's precious stamps and ink pads. As soon as I started this card I knew I wanted a helicopter for it, so Iucky I did!

It looks a bit brighter in real life - it was just too shady in the garden, when I was photographing it this morning, for the colours to really be true to real life. I did actually try a brighter yellow on the card but found I was happier with the effect of Barely Banana.



OK I started with a Tempting Turquoise (TT) base adding a strip of old Petals and Paisley DSP. Then I added a layer of Green Galore, I scalloped the bottom and added some DSP – from the new Kaleidoscope DSP. Then I added a layer of Barely Banana then Whisper White. At the top of the White layer I added a small strip of scalloped TT, and some TT grosgrain ribbon. Finally on the Whisper White I stamped the helicopter in TT, then again on some scrap White. I trimmed out the second, coloured in a small dot with my Banana marker and then stuck a clear droplet over the top. The paper toiled helicopter is adhered above the stamped image with dimensionals. The helicopter tows a “thinking of you” banner, tied on with some silver cord (R). The last touch is some piercing around the edges of the image panel.

The inside is finished off fairly simply – some scalloped TT with some Petals and Paisley DSP and a Green Galore helicopter heading up into the sky.

Thanks for visiting :)

Kim

Recipe: All SU unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Trendy Trees, helicopter from kids stamp kit from local toy store
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Barely Banana
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, Kaleidoscope DSP and Petals and Paisley DSP (R), Barely Banana eyelet (R), Silver cord (R), Clear Droplets (Kaiser), Tempting Turquoise narrow grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, this card is so cute. I love the helicopter stamp and the way you've tied the image onto the tail of helicopter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kim, this is adorable.. bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment to win a UStamp pass!!! It was well worth it because my son picked out your number Whaaaaa Whooooo! Check out my blog to get my email address so you can email me! Talk soon:-)
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this looks great, as usual. I really like the way you gussie up the inside of your cards - and I have often 'cased' your ideas in this area. Thanks for the inspirations....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!