Friday, September 10, 2010

JAI 34 - just add a colour combo



Hi there,

welcome back for another Just Add Ink challenge! This week its a colour combo. Here's the colour pick.


Boy oh boy did I struggle with this colour combo! Crumb cake is not a colour I work easily with although I'm improving and I can see that it works well with strong colours but with pastels!!! Yikes!! So I ended up going simple and I hope a little stylish.



I started with a Crumb cake base, stamped the little vine flourish twice in versamark, above and below the bottom right hand corner. Then in from the top left hand corner I stamped the sentiment and white embossed it. Its important to do this before you do the next step - or you'll end up with white powder sticking to your versamark frame! Next using a ruler and the new Versamarker I drew a frame connecting the two vine flourishes. One thing I would recommend is to use a very light hand, use more than the absolutely miniumum pressure and you'll get a thick chunky line. Next I stamped several of the large and smaller flower from Vintage Vogue in Pretty in Pink and So Saffron on Whisper White. Trimmed those out and then layered them up with dimensionals, adding a large pearl to the centre top to finish. Then I added some small pearls to the vine flourishes and finished off the inside to match.

Thanks for visiting and why don't you have a try at this colour combo and link your creation back to Just Add Ink
. I will be really keen to see what wonderful ideas you come up with so I can pick up some tips :)

Kim

Recipe: All SU!
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Versamark (pad and pen)
Accessories: Pearls, White embossing powder, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive

5 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous card Kim. I also struggled with this combo, for some reason the Celery looked fluro with the other colours *eek*. Can't wait to see this week's entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore your card - hmmmm go look at mine and you may see that yours was my inspiration to do flowers too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card Kim. Love the flowers! Love how they are all grouped together. :) Beaut layout
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the flowers are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!