Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just Add Ink Swap Blog Hop

Photobucket



Hi everyone,
well welcome to a special event that the JAI team are running - a blog hop. There are 14 stops on the hop (Just Add Ink and the 13 design team members) you can start anywhere as the hop goes in a loop. The link to the next JAI blog (Paula Dobson) is at the bottom - just click on the end swap hop button and that will take you straight to Paula, and of course you can do the hop anytime!


So why are we hopping? Well back in August one of the JAI team came up with the fun idea of doing a swap among the design team. The idea being to use as much material (colours and stamps) from the new catalogue that was to be released on Sept 1. Which, once the swaps were exchanged would give us all some wonderful examples of what you can do with the new goodies. So we each made mulitple copies of our card and sent them off to the rest of the team. Now when I started thinking about what I wanted to do - an idea popped into my head - and I just had to run with it. Well let me show you the end result.




So what popped into my head?? Well the idea for the background. Any guesses how I did that?? Ah well I won't keep you in suspense :) I used one of the inchie stamps from the Level 2 hostess set Cute by the Inch. The important thing is to worked out the centre of the Crumb Cake mat, mark that and stamp out from there. With each subsequent stamp linking together to make the pattern. It was time consuming but once I had tried it and liked the effect I had to do it!! The Crumb Cake mat was layered onto a Marina Mist mat and then onto the Whisper White base. Over the Crumb Cake mat I added a wide strip of cardstock vellum to which I added a central glittered strip. The vellum was fixed the Crumb Cake layer with four silver brads. In the centre of the card I cut a Marina Mist decorative tag, layered that with a wide oval stamped with one of the gorgeous ornate wreaths from Style Beautiful (in Early Expresso) then up on dimensionals added the friend sentiment in Marina Mist. The inside was finished off simply to match.

It turned out quite elegant I think - kind of a clean modern take on vintage! Definitely something fun to experiment with.

Well I hoped you liked it :) please continue on with the Blog Hop (just click on the next button) and that will take you to the next JAI blog. If you have time please visit the rest of the team cause I can honestly say the swaps were awesome!!

Photobucket



Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU!
Stamps: Style Beautiful, Cute by the Inch, Vintage Vogue
Cardstock: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake
Ink: Early Expresso, Marina Mist
Accessories: Cardstock vellum, Sticky strip, Dazzling Diamonds, Stamp-ma-jig, Silver brads, Lots of Tags sizzlet, Wide Oval punch, Dimesionals, Double sided tape

19 comments:

  1. When I found out how you did that background I thought you were insane LOL. Its so effective, you have sooooo much patience. Love your card to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like it....it's so perfectly lined up - must have taken hours! My fav bit is the Glitter strip though. Brilliant. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - thanks for sharing how you did that, Kim. With inchies! That must have taken forever! But it sure worked - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gorgeous ! Very nice stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever little card! Awesome idea for the background and love the Dazzling Diamonds strip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an elegant card, absolutley stunning Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Kim. Love how you did the background and that little piece of vellum with the glitter through the centre adds such a lovely interest piece.

    You must have the patience of a Saint lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for the background, it looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was an awesome backround but I can't believe the patience you must have had to make all the cards that you did! I love your card but for the time you put in to them all, I loved it even more. Thanks Kim for your effort and time to make our beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card -- love what you did with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea for ur background stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool card with the chequer board effect backgorund and the gorgeous strip of Dazzling Diamonds. You obviously have the patience of a saint Kim! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I received your card I didn't complain about all the fiddly bits I was doing with mine because your background was mind blowing!! Such a beautiful card, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I REALLY love this, Kim! Love all the contrasting, yet complementary (does that make sense??!!) details. You are just way too clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree you have the patience of a saint Kim as that background would have done my head in. Love the glittery strip too.
    I so loved your card Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Kim! I loved the background and the use of Vellum. The strip on the vellum is the perfect touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, I cannot tell you how many times I looked through the catty trying to find that background stamp. Now I can't believe I have to spend $600 just to get it, LOL!

    I truely love this card, and I cannot imagine how long it took you. Love the vellum and the glitter accent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super idea, Kim! This blog hop sure has some talented girls in it ... with some fabulous ideas! I am enjoying the hop! hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card Kim - the patience required for that background was worth it! I really like your 'clean take on vintage' as you described it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!