Thursday, February 17, 2011

JAI 56 - Just add a sketch



Hello there :)

well its time again for a new Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a great sketch for you. Here it is.


This is actually the second card I made for my Dad, after he had an operation recently. I was aiming for something cheery but still blokey - hopefully this will hit the spot.



I started with a Choc Chip base, then layered on some retired Good Morning Sunshine DSP. Down the bottom I just used Whisper White and stamped the sentiment. Next I added a scalloped lattice embossed border across the card, with some satin Daffodil Delight ribbon layered over the top. Then it was time for the main panel. For this I started by stamping some Kiwi Kiss flower stems, and then matching flowers in Daffodil Delight, the bottom one is popped up on dimensionals. Each flower was embellished with a different button. I decided to add a bit of whimsical touch and so added a bee to fly across the top of the flowers - another button, some cardstock and vellum. Lastly I mounted that all on a Kiwi base and added a small lattice embossed scalloped strip down the side. The inside was finished off with some more flowers.

So this one will be on its way to my dear Dad soon and hopefully it will bring some sunshine with it!

Thanks for visiting (again) its been busy round here lately ;)

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Blooming Buttons Bits, Baby Button Bits (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Vellum
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Kiwi Kiss (R), Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Lattice embossing folder, Scalloped border punch, Daffodil Delight, Early Expresso button, Kiwi Kiss corduroy brad (R), Daffodil Delight satin ribbon. small heart punch, 1/2" circle punch, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Double sided tape, Tombow adhesive


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kim..love the textures and just adore that bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this card my immediate reaction was "what a bright, cheery card", so I am sure your dad will love it and it will cheer him up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this is definitely cheery, and sure does pass as 'blokey'! Love it, Kim; it is such a cute, happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your little button bee. This is definitely a cheery card and I'm sure your dad will love it. I hope he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright and cheery card and certainly blokey enough for your dad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!