Friday, October 28, 2011

JAI 91 - just add a colour combo


Hello there :)

welcome back for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a colour combo with a twist - you get to pick part of the combo. Here's the combo to work with.(Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobler, Neutral of choice)
Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobler said flowers to me and since it gave me the chance to ink up my new Field Flowers set - one that was on my must have list - well flowers it was with a gentle vintage feel. Here's what came out of a very late Saturday night session of crafting.



First up I used a Sweet Sunday Sketch (#136) as my starting point, I will also confess to being slightly liberal with the conditions of the colour challenge as strictly speaking I used two neutrals - Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip - but it was only a tiny smiggin of Chocolate. But it just wouldn't have worked without them both. So very quickly I started by inking up the flower overlay stamp in Blushing Bride and then rock and rolling in Cherry. I did that a little different for each flower. Then using the more solid flower  stamped over that in Blushing Bride. The centres were all stamped with the overlay in Cherry and solid centre in Blushing Bride. I then trimmed all the flowers out and mounted them up on dimensionals above the stems stamped on First Edition DSP. To continue the text theme I also stamped a text background in stamped off Cherry onto Blushing Bride as the top mat for the main card panel. I gentley distressed the edges of the all the mats, and also sponged some Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobler as well. The front was finished off with some satin ribbon, and lace, as well as some Pewter hodgepode from my stash. Oh and just before I went to photograph the card I added some clear glaze dots onto the centre of the flowers to give a bit of shine and texture. As usual I followed through the theme to the inside.

Its been a while since I had a go at something a bit vintagey - I had fun :) and it was worth the late night. I would really like to try using Field Flowers with bright bold colours and in a more modern style however and see how that turns out - I'll let you know ;)

So what will you make of this weeks colour challenge?

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Field Flowers, French Foliage, Watercolor Trio (R), Background Basics Textstyle (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Cherry Cobler, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobler, Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: First Edition DSP, Chantilly crochet trim, Sakura glaze pen, "Cherry" stain ribbon (local craft shop), Pewter Hodgepodge (R), Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim , love your card and the stamping and layout is so pretty. Those flower stamps are gorgeous and you have created such a pretty scene.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge big 'sigh' of admiration coming all the way from Tassie - just gorgeous, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kim. I too had trouble working out how I was going to colour the stems without bringing an extra colour in. I'm looking forward to getting into my room over the weekend to get this set inked up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is certainly worth the late night Kim, it's absolutely gorgeous, l love all the details and layers.
    Cant wait to see what you do with the brights..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real stunner Kim! I think you have managed to add this set to my wishlist in the process - thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use the flowers from this set, I have yet to play with mine,,,,hmm need to get this one out quick. Love your card Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Kim. I haven't inked up my Field Flowers yet and you have inspired me to get it out :) Love the embellishments you've used on the front and the simple elegance on the inside. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you've used your Field Flowers set. I'll have to tell Trishie to come visit you...she's not so sure about her new set. Love the colours and that touch of chocolate is perfectly needed here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!