Monday, January 16, 2012

A bit of holiday button fun

Well hello there,
most unusually there is a change in the programming this week ;) Why? Well as I'm slowly catching up on my blog browsing (I was so busy before Christmas my Google Reader was up to 700 - yikes!) I came across an idea and a challenge, Brandi Wiggins-Cote's January Squareheaded Pinterest challenge. The challenge was to make a button bracelet - I figured this would be something fun to do with my Miss almost 7 especially since we are on school holidays at the momment. The chance to sit down and tip buttons all over the table came up yesterday and the end result was alot of fun, a delighted daughter and a button bracelet for me and two for her! Here's the pic's.

I used an elastic thread for her bracelets, not that durable but makes it easy for her to get the bracelets on and off. For mine I used some PTI dark chocolate twine and PTI buttons. The glass beads, there are two on my bracelet were ones I had in my stash acquired at a craft fair a few years ago. High time I used them - eh!! The bracelets are pretty simple but considering it took all of about 10 minutes (or less) to make each one I reckon thats OK!

Right normal blog programming will now resume ;)

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea this is Kim, sounds like big miss enjoyed it just as much as miss almost 7..love those glass beads.
    Not sure why l can comment on this and not your "Blog Hop" post..very strange, but you know l love it and even more so now l can see it open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! These are FANTASTIC!!!! I love, love, LOVE them!!! Thanks for playing along in the challenge, Kim!

    Big hugs,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!