Friday, February 10, 2012

JAI 104 - Just add Back to School

Hello there,
well this week at Just Add Ink we have a fun time of year challenge - it's Just Add Back to School - so set your imagination running and see what creative ideas you can come up with that fit a back to school theme! Go check out the rest of the DT for some fabulous ideas too! Since my lovely Miss 7 began the process of learning to read last year (I was so proud of the progress she made!!) I thought I might make up some bright fun little lunchbox notes that can get tucked in with her vegemite sandwich - well the same lunchbox anyway ;) The idea doesn't originate with me I'm pretty sure I saw the idea during a PTI release. So here they are. First the notes all bar one wrapped up ready to be tucked ;)

And here's a shot of all the notes open
And you didn't think I was going to forget my Mr almost 4 did you?? Here's a little stack for him too, so when his big sister gets one he can too :)
First I picked out my colours - pink, yellow and purple for Miss (her favourite colours) and orange, brown and blue for my little Mr. Then die cut the note bases and embossed them, all but the little flap. Next I picked out the images I wanted to use for each munchkin. Stamped these and then coloured them. Added a sentiment - some were handwritten some were a combination of stamped and handwritten, some just stamped. Punched out the image/sentiment and mounted on top of decorative mat. Then mounted that on the centre panel of the die cut. The flaps all fold together. I just tied a ribbon around each one as I knew Miss 7 would love that extra touch.

To be honest my aim was to keep these fun, colourful and simple - cause there is not a great chance that Miss 7's will a) make it home or b) make it home not smeared with vegemite!!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Tiny Treats Valentine and Tiny Treats Birthday (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Retired SU! (Summer Sun, Only Orange, Pixie Pink, Lavender Lace, Ballet Blue, Creamy Caramel, Gable Green, Going Grey), Real Red, Chocolate Chip, X Press Blending cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Lunchbox note die (PTI), Limitless layers 1.75" circles (PTI), 1 3/4" circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots and Petals a Plenty embossing folders, Large dot embossing folder (Quickkutz), Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Copic markers (a whole bunch sorry I didn't write them all down), assorted 1/8" ribbon (local craft shop), Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. WOW Kim what a fantastic idea! I remember geting little hand written notes in my lunch box growing up...but they were nothing like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute, Kim! I love these bright, cute love notes for your kiddos - a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your such a sweet mum Kim, these are a really lovely idea & l'm sure one they will love & remember when they are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really cute Kim, I bet the kids loved them!
    So bright, colourful and full of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so much cuter than me writing on Miss' LCM bars Kim! I'm sure the kids thought they were very special to get them & the envy of all their friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!