Friday, June 8, 2012

JAI 121 Just add pearls

Hello there,
well I'm settling back into life after convention. I had a wonderful time meeting up with some special stamping friends and am already looking forward to seeing them again next year in Brisbane! I have some great new ideas to try out so hopefully some of those will make their way here over the next few weeks. But for today I can show you the new challenge from Just Add Ink. This week we want you to Just Add Pearls. Here's what I came up with.

I wanted to make a birthday card for a special stamping friend so I tailored the colours to something I knew she would like - hence the red and indigo. I also had a new blossom punch to play with ;) I started by inking the flower with markers, then layered that over two red punched blossoms, fixed it together with a brad then spritzing with glimmer mist and letting it dry. You get a great 3D effect doing this although that does make it tricky to post! But since I was hand delivering this one at convention I didn't have to worry about that. I used the flower as the feature and accented it with coordinating DSP, some lacey border detail, stitching and of course lots of pearls. The pearls are a subtle but I think really important finishing touch.

Do go check out the rest of the DT they will have some wonderful pearl adorned creations to inspire you!!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Mixed Bouquet
Cardstock: Real Red, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Island Indigo
Accessories: Blossom punch, Corner rounder (SU!), Mat Stack 3, Mat Stack 3 layerz and Filigree border die (PaperTrey Inc), Twitterpated DSP, Ski Slope DSP (R), Frost white shimmer paint, Jewels - pearls, sewing machine, wide Real Red grosgrain ribbon (R), Dimensionals, SNAIL, Double sided tape (X Press)

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely flower!!! I'd never think to put blue and red together except on a kiddy card - you've done a great job here.

    ps it was lovely to meet you in person at convention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, and so beautiful irl. I love that you chose specific colours for the birthday girl. Love that ribbon.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a striking card. Love the colour combo you chose this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of this Kim, your flower looks fabulous in two tone and the border punch is gorgeous, as is your use of colour...a very eyecatching card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!