Friday, July 6, 2012

JAI 125 Just add winter


Hello there,
well we have a very seasonal challenge for you this week on Just Add Ink - it is Just Add Winter. The frosty mornings we have in my little corner of AUS made me feel that this cute little polar bear was just the perfect image for winter. I certainly go to work every morning with a scarf on at the momment!
I started with the concept of framing my bear in a scallop circle card and pulled the colours from probably my most favourite SU! christmas DSP - Ski Slope - if you look carefully you'll see a few little scraps on the card ;) So I coloured my bear and paperpieced his scarf, then die cut this out as the top mat. That was finished off with a few blinged snowflakes. Down the bottom I added some DSP, the sentiment banner and a snowflake embellishment. The inside echoes the front, with a red mat then white top layer, finished with a snowflake. So another special Christmas card to add to my pile! Next week though, I can promise you it won't be a Christmas card - lol!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise specified
Stamps: Snow Flurries (R), Cool Yule, Presents for You (My Favorite Things)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White, X Press blending card
Ink: Baja Breeze, Real Red
Accessories: Ski Slope DSP (R), Scallop circle BigZ die, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Classic circle nestabilities (Spellbinder), Double ended banner die (PaperTrey Inc), Let it snow dienamic (My Favorite Things), Copics (YG, R22, R24, R27), Jewels - rhinestones, Dazzling diamonds, Double sided tape (X Press), SNAIL adhesive, 2 way glue pen, Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Kim such an adoarable card and I just love the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, he's soooo cute. This is so christmassy. I love the colour combo and the layout. Just, ahhhhhhhhh lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the cutest little bear Kim! Love those colours and your card is beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so sweet Kim. I love the paper piecing you did, that is my favourite xmas dsp too, it's so pretty. It's a really gorgeous card that I'm sure will put a smile on the recipient's face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect 'winter' card Kim. He's so cute and I love the glitter and blingy bits. I don't venture out without a scarf these days either lol.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect winter card Kim. He is just the cutest and paired beautifully with your colours. love all your layering and cute little snowflake embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim. I looooove polar bears, so this card definitely made me smile. It's so cute. I love the colours & the circle card worked perfectly. Hugs. D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!