Friday, October 5, 2012

JAI 138 Just add a colour combo

Hello there,
I have to admit I suggested the colour combination for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge and then thought what on earth have I done!!! However having seen what the rest of the DT have come up with I'm glad I did! If you didn't like Summer Starfruit before you will after this challenge! In my case some new stamps to play with were inspiration enough to get the creative juices going ;) Here's the colour combo.

And here is what I came up with.

This card came together really quickly, which was delightful and rather surprising, especially when I had no idea how to do the box pleating! Basically I laid my DSP on the score board and just started scoring and folding and miraculously it worked - although I have managed to hide, by sheer chance rather than skill, a couple of boo boos! The swirl from Everything Eleanor is definitely a new favourite too!

Summer starfruit is still growing on me but I am glad this challenge made me take it for a test drive ;) Hope you can join us.
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Occaisional Quotes (R), Background Basics: Houndstooth (PaperTrey Ink),
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Basic Grey
Accessories: Boho Blossoms punch, Summer Starfruit stitched satin ribbon, Urban Garden DSP (R), Jewels - rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape (X Press)

8 comments:

  1. Kim this is such a lovely card and that swirl is beautiful and I might have to consider buying in that stamp set (my wishlist is not decreasing!). I also love what you have done with the box pleating very clever use on this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear lovely Kim!
      HELLO there my friend!
      WOW you sure made a gorgeous card! Love that skirt look and the swirl is wonderful for sure.... Is that DSP the greeting is on??? It looks soooo lovely!! Do play more with this colour, it's super!!
      Thanks for picking it, definitely a fav of mine (but I love mustard too!!)
      Hope you are well, sending hugs
      Smiles Sharnee :)

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Kim! Love how you've showcased this stamp set (one of my favourites). I'm so glad you suggested this colour combo - it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great challenge Kim, l love these colours, thank you!
    Your pleated ruffle/skirt looks great and the panel from E/E is very effective on the side with the flourish behind, nice layout!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who'd have thought this colour combo could look so good! Well done to you.

    Love what you've created - that box pleat looks fabulous.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card Kim. I especially love the pleats, they're gorgeous. I love that swirl in grey and little flowers are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally got here! The colours look great together Kim - love the layout, pleated skirt & of course the beautiful swirl. Thanks for adding Eleanor onto my list (sigh).
    Hugs. D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!