Friday, March 15, 2013

JAI 157 - Just add green

Hello there,
this week we have green on our minds at Just Add Ink. Yes, just in time for St Patrick's Day our challenge this week is to Just Add Green. BUT it has to be more than just a dash of green! The first thing that crossed my mind was leaves, foliage and flowers and then BAM!! this completely different idea popped into my head. To be honest I still feel a bit borderline about this one - but then I usually do about any CAS cards I make. Keeping it CAS/ one layer is really challenging for me!


Like I said one layer - eeek! My idea was to have a cascade of staggered green chevrons, each level pointing to part of the sentiment. As I said I feel a bit uncertain about this one, yet at the same time I kind of like it - I like the patterned chevrons and I like the colour punch of the hot pink and that little touch of embossed detail. 

Do go and check out the wonderful array of green creations the rest of the DT has come up with. Thanks for visiting,

Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Oh, Hello
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Garden Green, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Needlepoint border embossing folder, Itty Bitty shapes punch, Corner rounder (R), Stamp-ma-jig, Pink Sorbet twine (The Twinery), Jewels - rhinestone, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)





2 comments:

  1. All of the things that you like about this card are the same as I do, Kim! Love the patterned chevrons, and the embossed edge. Just love your ideas, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic Kim! I love the whole idea of this card - the staggered chevrons look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!