Friday, June 20, 2014

JAI 219 Just add inspiration

Hello there,
did I mention it was cold here. Seriously right now I'm going to bed with a hot water bottle and a heated rice pack - it's that cold!! But the cold weather outside means that staying inside where it's warm and cosy and pulling out my stamping supplies is a really good option - lol!

So here is the new Just Add Ink challenge for when you have time to be warm and cosy ;) This week we want you to Just Add Inspiration. 




The inspiration pictures really said clean and simple masculine card to me so this is what I came up with. 



I always struggle with masculine cards trying to find the balance. CAS is not really me, not adding those extra layers and extra twiddly bits is hard! But by exercising some will power I managed to keep the design to the banners, the embossed texture and the strong colours. With just a tiny bit shine brought in by embossing the two part sentiment (there had to be some!)

Hope you can join us this week. Do check out the rest of the DT with some fabulous ideas for how they were inspired. 

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Geometrical, Hip Notes, Keep it Simple: Birthday (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Not Quite Navy, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Accessories: Linen/Canvas Impression plate (PTI), White embossing powder, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool card Kim - love the triangle banners and the blue trim with white sentiment is a fab combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - this is gorgeous! I love how you used the triangle punch. An awesome masculine card....nailed it! LOL
    Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've balanced the colours and elements beautifully Kim...A perfect masculine card! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!