Friday, July 25, 2014

JAI 224 Just add Inspiration (Christmas in July)

Hello there,
ooh we had some icy starts this week so the inspiration picture I put together for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge is really very apt! This week using inspiration from the picture we want you to think Christmas in July. It's never too early to get started on those Christmas cards and projects!

Here's my Christmas creation.


I embossed the poinsettia onto vellum twice, trimming out the inner petals as a top layer. I used alcohol markers on the back side of the vellum to add the colour. On the vellum you push the ink around rather than blend it but filtered by the vellum any blotchy bits aren't really obvious. To make the colours brighter I backed each layer of the poinsettia with whisper white. To make the centre pop I used white gel pen. I have to say I'm delighted I got to add another Christmas card to my stash!

Hope you can join us this week! Do check out the rest of the Just Add Ink DT for some fabulous inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Joyful Christmas, More Merry Messages, Dictionary, Background Basics: Medallions (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Real Red, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Real Red, Strawberry Slush, Basic Gray, Versamark 
Accessories: Cherry Cobler and White embossing powder, White Gel pen, Alcohol markers, 5/8" organza ribbon, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

5 comments:

  1. Great technique on your vellum poinsettia! I looks beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. *it look beautiful... not I lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card. I really like the layers you've created with the dsp and such a gorgeous choice of colours. Beautifully coloured flower too xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Kim. The poinsettia is glorious, as are the colours you've used. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely effect you've created with the vellum Kim. Thanks for the tip on adding the white cardstock layer too...Great idea! Such a lush card! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!