Friday, February 20, 2015

JAI 251 Just add thank you


Hello there,
this week was MUCH better than last week something for which I am very thankful for. It was nice to finally feel as though we had some routine back in the house and even better tomorrow I get to spend the day at the SU! party time event. Yippee! But first let me tell you about this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Patrice has given us the great challenge to Just Add Thank You. This is the chance to build up your thank you stash. So when you need one you'll be ready to go!

I decided to go gender neutral and with lots of colour and texture.



This is about as clean and simple as I get! I love the texture from the water colour paper, and accented with the stitching and embossed sentiment I reckon it stands up on its own. I discovered after some experimentation that to get the best water colour effect I had to wet the paper first then add the ink (ink refill on acetate with paintbrush). My experimental versions will not go astray as the kids snaffled them up straight away to save for their crafty projects.

Hope you can join us this week - and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for inspiring "thank you" projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Another Thank You, Crazy About You
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Hexagon punch, Confetti Stars border punch, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Bitty Banner framelits, Handheld stapler and staples, Black and white embossing powder, Sewing machine, Double sided tape (X Press), Tombow multi

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Kim! Love your gorgeous watercoloured background - the colours blend so seamlessly under your beautifully bold greeting.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo i adore the background the boldness of the thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is just wow, I totally love all the water colours you've used! For CAS I love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!