Friday, August 28, 2015

JAI #277 Just add a colour combo


Hello there,
the ridiculously spring-like weather last weekend may well have inspired today's card. Sadly, the warm breeze we had last weekend did not last! Perhaps, the challenge we have for you at Just Add Ink this week will remind you of spring too. This week we have a colour challenge for you (from me). Here are the colours.


 And here is what I came up with.



I tried my hand at colouring my flowers using an aquapainter filled with Isocol (rubbing alcohol). It came out patchier than I was hoping for expecting, but I decided that it was an acceptable reflection of the play of light.  I couldn't resist adding a lot bit lot of black and white chevron DSP in. However, I did mute it right down by adding a layer of vellum over it.

Hope you can join us this week. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's wonderful projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Crazy About You, You've Got This 
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Mint Macaroon, So Saffron, Whisper White (oops!), Cardstock Vellum
Ink: Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Stazon Black, Versamark
Accessories: Center Style: Feminine die (Papertrey Ink), Stacked with Love DSP (R), Subtles DSP stack (R), Neutrals sequin assortment, White embossing powder, Whisper White baker's twine, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press), Aquapainter, Isocol

3 comments:

  1. Great card Kim! The flowers look beautiful and I love the vellum over the DSP, gives it a soft, muted tone! That die panel is amazing and I love the use of the two colours in the panel. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Kim! I adore the soft and delicate colouring of the flowers - so stunning! And I love the contrast between the chevron DSP and the decorative details of your tag too - so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never have picked the black dsp - the vellum overlay gives it a lovely grey hue. I love the 'patchy' colouring your Isocol gave, it's nice to see something a little different. Such a pretty spring inspired card, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!