Friday, May 20, 2016

JAI #312 Just add a colour combo



Hello there,
well this week at Just add Ink we are very blue and it's all Patrice's fault. Yes, it is! All because she suggested the colour combination for this week's new challenge. In all honestly I was a bit hesitant about this combination but was pleasantly surprised when I pulled the colours out that they play really nicely together. Want to see for yourself? Then please join us. Here are the colours.

And here is my end result.



Unfortunately I have already had to use the sympathy card I made a few weeks ago and since I felt the colour palette lent itself to that theme I decided it was a good time to make one for my stash. I tried to keep it fairly CAS, well for me anyway. I stamped my flowers in a combination of Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay and either Marina Mist or Pacific Point as the top detailed layer. For the leaves I omitted the Mint Macaron. Besides the flowers the only other details added include the gradient sponging, some delicate stamped texture and then a light Wink of Stella splatter - oh and the pearls. I'm a little worried I might have glammed this up too much for a sympathy card. Ah well hopefully I'll have have some time to think on it.

Don't forget to visit the rest of the DT for lots of colour inspiration!
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Picture Perfect, Timeless Textures, Keep it Simple: Sympathy (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Mint Macaron, Bermuda Bay, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Versamark
Accessories: Linen/Canvas impression plate (PTI), White embossing powder, Wink of Stella, Sponges, Jewels - pearls, Tear and tape, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful sympathy card Kim! I love how your sponging has such a dreamy sea effect and is so restful with your elegant blooms too. Perfect for your theme I think. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!