Monday, June 20, 2016

Thank You...Friend




Hello there,
the little gifties I make for friends and family rarely make it to my blog but I wanted to post this special little ensemble.  Here's the finished projects - a triangular chocolate box and mini album ready to be filled with memories.


A side view of the chocolate box to show you the way it folds in at the sides (so clever!)


The mini album open. You can see it has eight internal pages and three tag inserts, that can hold journaling or more photos.


Here the mini album is wrapped up and they are both ready to be delivered.


The mini album was made with the Hip Hip Hooray kit (long retired). I used a great tutorial by Delys Cram you can download the pdf here. Envelopes are used as the backbone of the mini album. This could probably be adapted to many of SU! current kits.

The chocolate box design I had seen pinned on Pinterest. I came across a tutorial by Ilka Specht (it's in German but has a clear diagram with measurements). Her box was super petite and I wanted mine to fit at last three Lindt balls. So I used copy paper and played around with expanding the measurements till it was the size I needed (in the end I fitted four Lindt balls snuggly inside). I started with a piece of 9 by 7" (22.9 by 18 cm) cardstock and scored at 1 3/4 and 7 1/4" (4.4 and 18.5 cm) on the long side and 3/4, 2 1/2, 4 1/4 and 6" (1.8, 6.5, 10.8 and 15.2 cm) on the short side.

I used the tags, DSP and embellishy bits to thematically tie the two gifts together. Bling was added by using silver foil, rhinestones and sequin trim. All together it made a pretty package and I love that I was able to combine the sentiments on the two gifts to say thanks to my friend.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Tin of Cards, Oh Happy Day
Cardstock: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: 2 and 1 3/4 circle punches, Tree Builder punch, Itty Bitty Accents punch (R), Hip Hip Hooray kit (R), Birthday Bouquet DSP (R), Shine On DSP (R), Silver Foil, Blushing Bride sequin trim, Strawberry Slush thick baker's twine (R), White Baker's twine, Linen thread, Jewels- rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow multi

1 comment:

  1. I think this is one of the sweetest gifts I've ever received. It was so gorgeously presented. The lovely little box (which I'm definitely going to CASE) held four delicious Lindt chocolate balls. That album is just wow - I'm almost too scared to add pics and journalling to it in case I mess it up somehow. Thank you, Kim, for your most thoughtful and beautiful gift. I love! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!