Friday, July 15, 2016

JAI #320 Just add a sketch


Hello there, 
ooh I had fun with my project for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Tina has a great sketch for us and as I was pondering what I could do this fun idea occurred to me - and I think it worked. Come and see what you think. But first here's the sketch.


 And here is what I made of it.





Does that butterfly pattern look familiar? If you are trying to place it - it's the Fluttering embossing folder.  I inked up the embossing folder with ink and gently but firmly pressed it onto the paper. The inked impression was much more delicate but I kind of went to town with the journaling marker and added in lots of scribbly details. The process of colouring and doodling was something I really enjoyed - so fun just to play with colour and filling in the butterflies. This was also the first time I have tried water colouring on Shimmery White cardstock and I have to say it worked really well - and the shimmer is lovely too - but very hard to capture in a photograph. The only other thing to mention is that I made this a window card by cutting the circle element through the card front and mounting the sentiment on the inside so it peeps through. I may have gotten carried away adding all the butterflies on the inside ;) but all the colours looked so nice!

Hope you can join us for the challenge this week and don't forget to stop by the blogs of the rest of the DT for some stunning inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Enjoy the Little Things (R)
Cardstock: Shimmery White, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Tangering Tango, Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Bermuda Bay, Versamark, Stazon Black
Accessories: Fluttering embossing folder, Circle Collection framelits (R), Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punch, Project Life Journaling Pen (0.1), Black glimmer paper, Black embossing powder, Wink of Stella, Neutrals DSP stack, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape

6 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! Kim, I LOVE this card! The background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you inked up the folder up, then doodled?! Now that's clever & so effective, Kim. And just a note - you can never have too many butterflies :D
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, Wow Kim! Your butterfly background is totally stunning! Now you say it, I can see the fluttering EF influence - but your journaling doodles and variation in colouring intensity really take it up a notch. Totally stunning and I love your bold sentiment peeking through too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh WOW Kim! This is amazing! I was wondering what the background was. SO clever of you! Such a bright and fun card! ROchelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative way to use an embossing folder, Kim - you clever, artistic, thing! This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever, and super creative card, Kim. And to think our doodling and colouring came AFTER you'd created this little masterpiece! Well done. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!