Friday, August 5, 2016

JAI #323 Just add F


Hello there,
well I have had an eventful week. I am making great strides in mastering my new computer and am almost feeling at home with it all. Well until I hit the next 'what do I do now or how did I do that' moment. My milestone for this week was to relearn photo editing, tune in next week to see the results! Now on to this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Tina wants you to Just Add F. Add F? you ask. That means the main focus of your project must be something beginning with F. This could be a thing - like a fox, a fish a flamingo, a colour like Flirty Flamingo, a technique or fold like faux stitching or a file fold. As you can see there is lots of scope to let your imagination go. I'm still having lots of fun playing with my new Fox Builder punch so a fox it was.





It's always handy to have a baby card or two in the stash so I decided to go with that for my theme. I thought the colours of the A Little Foxy DSP was perfectly suited for a baby card (maybe more so a boy ?) so pulled that out to pick a pattern. I did load a few layers onto this one, mixing dry embossing, DSP, vellum and a dash of florals and foliage. Points to note - behind the fox I sponged a fair bit of white ink to tone down the blue there and all the flowers had a splash of wink of stella layered over them. It took some fiddling but I was happy with how it all came together in the end.

Hope you can in the fun this week. Don't forget to stop by the rest of the DTs blog they will wow you with their fun 'F' projects!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Foxy Friends, Jar of Love, Crazy About You, Number of Years
Cardstock: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Whisper White, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Oval Collection Framelits (R), Everyday Jar framelits, Large Number framelits, Softly Falling embossing folder, Fox Builder punch, A Little Foxy DSP, Pool Party cotton ribbon (R), Piercing tool, Ovals piercing template (R), Sakura black gel pen, Sponge, Dimensional, Tear and Tape

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the foliage detail and that dsp in action is delightful...Super cute creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet baby card, Kim! Your little fox is so cute and he looks so at home amongst the lovely flowers and leaves and cheerful chevrons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fox and design, a different theme for a baby card, but it does work and I think it fits a baby boy or girl equally. The inside is as pretty as the front. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh such an adorable little fox! Such a super cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that fox and the colors you brought together here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!