Friday, September 16, 2016

JAI #329 Just add inspiration


Hello there,
well it was another hectic week here. I was juggling extra hours at work to cover colleagues travelling, we had a big morning at the kids school for their annual learning journey, I had a headache, there was beautiful spring sunshine and then MORE rain. How's that for a potted summary!

In a midst of all of that I grabbed a few precious minutes to put together a card for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a Just Add Inspiration challenge from Di filled with spring colours. Here's the picture.

I just couldn't resist I had to pull the perfect stamp out of my non-SU! stash - because it was a bunch of tulips! Here's how it turned out.


I started by colouring my tulips with the colours from the inspiration picture. Originally I had planned to have a white background for them but in the end the colours really popped against the dark gray so that's what I went with. So it didn't compete with the tulips I kept the background monochromatic. I also couldn't resist adding some sequins. I added just a few between the two stamped jar layers using a thin strip of double side tape around the edge to seal them in.

Hope you can join us this week. To play along just pick the bits that inspire you - the colours, image or patterns from the inspiration pic and don't forget to stop past the blogs of the rest of the DT!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Jar of Love, Playful Backgrounds, Friendship Jar Spring Fillers (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Garden Green, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Stazon Black
Accessories: Everyday Jars Framelits, Banner Framelits, Friendship Jar Tulips die (PTI), Copic markers, Clear embossing powder, Window sheet, Neutrals DSP stack,  Sequins - Metallic and Bold mix, Tear and tape, Wink of Stella, Melon Mambo twine (R), Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. The shimmery tulips are stunning, Kim. I love your colour choices on this beautifully put-together card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, popping in to say how perfect your gorgeous card is for the challenge and wanted to thank you so very much for my belated birthday card. I absolutely love it, the gold stitching is so cool (always been too scared to try that on my cards) and the love ombre blue background (my favourite colour). So lovely of you to send it, mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These gorgeous tulips are indeed so perfect for this challenge Kim and I love the dark background that you've created to make them pop so beautifully. And the surprise of the sequin shaker - it's so subtle I almost missed it. So clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim what a stunning bunch of blooms you have created!!! Just perfect for the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those tulips are absolutely divine - the colours, your blending. LOVE! The deep background helps them pop too. So much loveliness on one card. Really beautiful.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this gorgeous colourful jar of blooms Kim. The background really does showcase the colours beautifully and your colouring is delightful as usual...so vibrant and pretty. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your week sounds a lot like mine, including the headache :( Your card is stunning, Kim. I just love your colour choices - who would have thought a grey background could make your tulips stand out so well! Loving the Melon base a lot too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!